Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!
I recently purchased a few things from Simon Says Stamp’s STAMPtember release and finally had a chance to play with them!
I used SSS Ultra Fine Embossing Powder in Antique Gold for the outlines of the flowers from their Wild Beauty Stamp Set from their My Favorite Release. It was my first time trying their embossing powder and I’m loving it so far! Can’t wait to play around with the Rose Gold Embossing Powder!
To fill in the flowers I used SSS Premium Dye Inks in Cotton Candy, Hollyhock, Sunshine, Lemon Chiffon, and Coral Reef. Since I embossed it I had to stamp the each flower 3 times to get the full image. The colors worked out well together! I did make a small boo boo on the card…after I stamped all the solid flowers I used a baby wipe to make sure none of the inks were sitting on top of the embossed outlines and it turns out that there was for ones I stamped in Hollyhock so it ended up smearing 😞.
I used Mama Elephant’s Peek-a-Frame Creative Cuts for the floral background and Frame Tags – Park Avenue Creative Cuts for the banner using 48# Cover Glama Natural Vellum in Clear. This vellum heat embosses like a charm!
For the sentiment I stamped SSS You Matter “Happy Birthday to” and heat embossed it using the same Ultra Fine Antique Gold. I then die cut “You” using the You Wafer Die set on Nina Solar White Cover Stock 110#. The weight of this cardstock ensured that the die cut would not warp too much when I hear embossed it.
Once I put everything together I used Kool Tak Foam Tape in Clear to give it some dimension. It’s barely noticeably though.
I then adhered the entire piece using Uline’s Heavy Duty Double-Sided Foam Tape in the 1″ width, 1/8″ thickness.
I adhered everything to some more Nina Solar White Cover Stock 110# cut down to an A2 size card.
That concludes the card for today. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Subscribe to get notification of posts 😊. Stay tuned for more cards to come. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Other Products Used:
- Fiskars 12″ Paper Trimmer (I use an older and more compact version…I don’t think they actually sell it anymore so I’ve linked it to the more updated version).
- Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board
- Martha Stewart Embossing Stylus Set
- 3M Scotch Safe Release Masking Painter’s Tape Blue
- Tim Holtz Tonic Craft Scissors
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (but mine is the black version)
- Sizzix Standard Cutting Pad
- Sizzix Multipurpose Platform
- up&up Baby Wipes, Unscented
- Ranger Rub-It Scrub-It Rubber Stamp Cleaning Pad
- Ranger Inessentials Water-Based Stamp Cleaner, Bubble Gum
- Hero Arts Double Scrubber Pad Stamp Cleaner
- Hero Arts Ultra Clean Stamp Cleaner
- Apple Pie Memories Acrylic Stamp Block Round Set of 4
- Versamark Emboss Ink Pad Watermark
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Martha Stewart Heating Tool