Apologies that it’s been a while since I’ve jumped on here!
I hope you’ve all had a great week so far and are ready for the weekend!
Today, I have a super easy recipe for you—a whole roasted chicken!
Not the best looking picture, but it’s delicious—trust me!
– 1 Whole Chicken (about 3lbs)
– 1 Stick of Butter, softened + 1/2 Stick of Butter (later)
– Trader Joe’s Lemon Pepper Grinder
– Granulated Garlic
– Jacobsen Salt Rosemary Salt
– Granulated Onion
Preheat your oven to 350F. Pat your chicken dry. Smother it with butter. Then add your seasonings to both sides of the chicken. Breast side up and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes and add the remaining 1/2 stick of butter on top. Pop it back in the oven for another 30-60 minutes. Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches at least 180F.
Once it reaches that temperature. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 20-30 minutes (light cover it with foil) before serving.
I usually serve it with a side of white rice along with a veggie of some sort (either lemony broccoli or tomato green beans).
– You could use kitchen string to tie up the legs, if desired.
– You could season and salt the cavity and add fruits and vegetables:
– Recommend oranges, rosemary/thyme, celery, carrots
– Time may vary depending on the size/weight of your chicken.
– The oven in our apartment is rather old so takes a little longer.
– Mine took well over 2 hours.
This makes for great leftovers: chicken pot pie, chicken enchiladas, chicken salad, chicken tacos, chicken and rice casserole…the list is endless!
Hope you enjoy it! Happy Cooking!