So Christmas came early this year and my amazing boyfriend surprised me with the 72 Set of Copic Sketch Markets (Set A)! This was the first time I’ve ever colored with Copic Markers and I must say that I think I did a pretty good job! I’m so excited to use these on many more projects and artwork. I have been wanting Copic Markers for a couple years now and I’m so super excited to have them in my hands. Best. Gift. Ever!
It’s been a while since I’ve made a circular card so I thought I’d give it whirl.
The base of the card is Neenah Crest Solar White 110# cardstock. This has definitely become one of my favorite card bases to use. I used to just use 80# cardstock for the bases, but there’s just a huge difference between the weights! I actually purchased the ream of 110# (250 sheets) Kelly’s Paper Store. Of all the places I shopped around at (online included…plus shipping because it’s relatively heavy), Kelly’s Paper Store had the best price. I now use the 80# for stamping and other details on a card (like the frame in this card and the bear).
I decided to make this a circular shaker card. Shaker cards are one of my ultimate favorite types of interactive cards to make.
To begin with I used the largest circle from the Sizzix Framelits Circle die to cut the card. I cut the 110# cardstock into a 6″ x 11″ sheet and folded it in half. I then took the circle die and just had a little part of it hanging off the fold so the circle remain connected. I used My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Frames cut on Neenah Crest Solar White 80#.
The background behind the shaker bits are from an older My Mind’s Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6×6 Designer Paper Pad. I’m sure this one is retired now since I bought this years ago. But it was just a red card stock with mini stripes so I’m sure there are many similar papers out there.
I stamped the banner using wPlus 9’s Be Merry Die (goes with the Be Merry Stamp Set). The sentiment is from Neat & Tangle’s Scandinavian Prints Stamp Set. The bear and snowman are from Neat & Tangle’s Beary Merry Stamp Set and Coordinating dies. I love how the die set cuts out the arms so it can hold things! Super cute! The Santa Hat is actually from Simon Say’s Stamp’s Stamptember collaboration stamp set with Pretty Pink Posh called Winter Bird Friend. I thought it would be cute to put it in the bear 🙂
For the shaker bits I mixed a little bit of Pretty Pink Posh with some shaker bits that came in the October My Monthly Hero’s Kit from Hero Arts.
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season!
Other Products Used:
- Simon Says Stamp Dye Ink: Black
- Wow! Embossing Powder, Super Fine – Clear
- Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, 4mm Cupped, Holly Jolly Christmas Mix
- Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, Sparkling Clear Mix (4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm)
- Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, 6mm Cupped, Marshmallow
- Tomboy Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Ellen Hutson’s Crystal Clear Plastic, Medium Weight
- Copic Sketch Markets: E15, E33, B23, B34, YG 95, R27, C1, BG10, W9
- Uline Heavy Duty Double-Sided Foam Tape: 1/2″, 1/8″ thick
- Kook Tak Clear Foam Adhesive
- 48# Cover Glama Natural Vellum in Clear
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (but mine is the black and pink version)
- Sizzix Standard Cutting Pad
- Sizzix Multipurpose Platform
- Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board
- Martha Stewart Embossing Stylus Set
- Scotch ATG
- Mini Misti Tool